Hydrology of tidal wetlands
- Definition and causes of tides
- Tidal frequencies
- Physical controls on estuary morphology
- Geomorphology of freshwater versus salt tidal marshes
- Water balance for tidal wetland
- Tidal wetland hydrodynamics
- Tidal channel morphology
- Tidal wetland evolution
- Chapter 4 (p. 67-91) of Mitsch, W. J. and Gosselink, J. G. Wetlands. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.
Video Podcast: Hydrology of Tidal Wetlands, part 1
This 30-minute presentation introduces tides and explains the hydrogeomorphic context of estuaries and wetlands in general.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (422 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (2.1 GB file)
Video Podcast: Hydrology of Tidal Wetlands, part 2
This 41-minute presentation explains essential hydrogeomorphic processes in salt marshes and tidal freshwater marshes, and then goings into substantial detail about the hydrology and hydrodynamics of tidal freshwater marshes.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (595 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (3.3 GB file)