Innovation in Hydrologic Measurement
- What makes whitewater "white"?
- How to measure content in whitewater?
- Mountain river waterfalls concepts
- Lab experiments on horseshoe falls
Optional other reading:
- Pasternack, G. B., Valle, B., Paige, D., Shaw, K. M. 2006. Portable apparatus and method for measuring hydraulic features in rivers and stream. U.S. Patent # 7062962.
Related web links:
Video Podcast: Tackling New Frontiers in Science
This 53-minute presentation offers a case study in which a simple, naive idea led to fundamentally new advancements in science, aided by innovations in field methods.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (1.1 GB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (6.3 GB file)