In this Section: Instructor TA Info Grading Policy Syllabus Readings Online TA Help Field Safety In this Section: Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Assignment 1 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Assignment 2 Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 9 Assignment 3 Chapter 10 Chapter 11 Chapter 12 Chapter 13 Chapter 14 Assignment 4 Chapter 15 Chapter 16 Chapter 16b Chapter 17 Field Equipment Showcase Chapter 18 Chapter 19 Chapter 20 Chapter 21 Chapter 22 Chapter 23 Chapter 24 Course Review
Innovation in Hydrologic Measurement
- What makes whitewater "white"?
- How to measure content in whitewater?
- Mountain river waterfalls concepts
- Lab experiments on horseshoe falls
Optional other reading:
- Pasternack, G. B., Valle, B., Paige, D., Shaw, K. M. 2006. Portable apparatus and method for measuring hydraulic features in rivers and stream. U.S. Patent # 7062962.
Related web links:
Video Podcast: Tackling New Frontiers in Science
This 53-minute presentation offers a case study in which a simple, naieve idea led to funamentally new advancements in science, aided by innovations in field methods.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (1.1 GB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (6.3 GB file)