In this Section: Instructor TA Info Grading Policy Syllabus Readings Online TA Help Field Safety In this Section: Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Assignment 1 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Assignment 2 Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 9 Assignment 3 Chapter 10 Chapter 11 Chapter 12 Chapter 13 Chapter 14 Assignment 4 Chapter 15 Chapter 16 Chapter 16b Chapter 17 Field Equipment Showcase Chapter 18 Chapter 19 Chapter 20 Chapter 21 Chapter 22 Chapter 23 Chapter 24 Course Review
Snow Measurement and Sampling
Snow Surveys and Water Supply Forcasting
- Snow survey equipment- snow corer, snow pillows, remote sensing
- Water Supply Forecasting
- data inputs- snow pack, reservoirs, and rainfall
- statistical models
- Koontz, L.L. 1996. Measuring Snowfalls.
Related web links:
- The Snow Booklet- a guide to measuring snow in the U.S.
- Ho-to guide to snow surveys
- California Snow Course Sites
- Snow Pillow information
- Snow Pillow picture
- Example of Snow Pillow data
Video Podcast: Snow Measurement and Sampling
This 41-minute presentation covers the topic of snow measurement and sampling from a Californian perspective.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (865 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (4.4 GB file)