Snow Measurement and Sampling
Snow Surveys and Water Supply Forcasting
- Snow survey equipment- snow corer, snow pillows, remote sensing
- Water Supply Forecasting
- data inputs- snow pack, reservoirs, and rainfall
- statistical models
- Koontz, L.L. 1996. Measuring Snowfalls.
Related web links:
- The Snow Booklet- a guide to measuring snow in the U.S.
- Ho-to guide to snow surveys
- California Snow Course Sites
- Snow Pillow information
- Snow Pillow picture
- Example of Snow Pillow data
Video Podcast: Snow Measurement and Sampling
This 41-minute presentation covers the topic of snow measurement and sampling from a Californian perspective.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (865 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (4.4 GB file)