Experimental Design and Sampling
- Experimental design
- Spatial characterization
- types of sampling schemes- uniform, random, transects, stratified
- assessment of error associated with each scheme
- determination of number of samples needed
- Chapter 2.
- Here is an on-line version of a Student's "t" table.
Related web links:
Video Podcast: Experimental Design With Sampling
This 44-minute presentation follows up the field trip you just experienced with ideas about experimental design and sampling. Reflect on these ideas and take note that you should apply the computation to estimate the number of samples required to your bulk density measurements collected on the last field trip.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (681 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (2.7 GB file)