Lecture 1: Course Introduction- Thornbury's Principles
- Overview of what the course will offer
- Explanation of the structure of the course
- Explain field logistics and safety issues
- Discussion of field trip dates
- Thornbury's principles
Look over this web site
Related web links:
Lecture 2: Classical Landscape Evolution Theories
- William Davis' "Geographical Cycle"
- Gilbert and Hack Dynamic Equilibrium
- mutual adjustments of process and form
Davis, W. M. 1909. The Geographical Cycle, Chapter 13. inGeographical Essays. Ginn and Co., New York.
Hack, J. T. 1960. Interpretation of Erosional Topography in Humid Temperate Regions. Americal Journal of Science, Bradley Volume, Vol 258-A, p. 80-97.
Further reading for your own interest: Thorn, C. E. and Welford, M. R. 1994. The equilibrium concept in geomorphology. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 84:4:666-696.
Related web links:William Morris Davis biography
Grove Karl Gilbert biography