Lecture 1: Course Introduction- Thornbury's Principles
- Overview of what the course will offer
- Explanation of the structure of the course
- Explain field logistics and safety issues
- Discussion of field trip dates
- Thornbury's principles
Look over this web site
Related web links:
Lecture 2: Classical Landscape Evolution Theories
- William Davis' "Geographical Cycle"
- Gilbert and Hack Dynamic Equilibrium
- mutual adjustments of process and form
- Davis, W. M. 1909. The Geographical Cycle, Chapter 13. in Geographical Essays. Ginn and Co., New York.
- Hack, J. T. 1960. Interpretation of Erosional Topography in Humid Temperate Regions. Americal Journal of Science, Bradley Volume, Vol 258-A, p. 80-97.
- Further reading for your own interest: Thorn, C. E. and Welford, M. R. 1994. The equilibrium concept in geomorphology. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 84:4:666-696