MIDTERM EXAMINATION: Tuesday, April 28
Exam covers the material between March 30-April 22.
Lecture 9: Sediment Budgets- Small Basins 2
- Reservoir sedimentation
- Developing a sediment inflow rating curve
- Predicting reservoir life expectancy
- Estimating sediment yield
- Geomorphic controls on reservoir sediment yield
- Examples from classical studies
Snyder, N.P., Rubin, D.M., Alpers, C.N., Childs, J.R., Curtis, J.A., Flint, L.E., and Wright, S.A., 2004, Estimating rates and properties of sediment accumulation behind a dam: Englebright Lake, Yuba River, northern California, Water Resources Research, v. 40, W11301, doi:10.1029/2004WR003279.
- Snyder, N.P., Wright, S.A., Alpers, C.N., Flint, L.E., Holmes, C.W., and Rubin, D.M, 2006, Reconstructing depositional processes and history from reservoir stratigraphy: Englebright Lake, Yuba River, northern California, Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 111, F04003, doi:10.1029/2005JF000451.
A good reference:
- Gregory L. Morris (Ed.) 1997. Reservoir Sedimentation Handbook : Design and Management of Dams, Reservoirs, and Watersheds for Sustainable Use. McGraw Hill, New York, 704 pp.
Related web links:
- Lake Sedimentation Project
- Reservoir Sedimentation Studies in Kansas
- Storage Capacity and Sedimentation of Loch Lomond Reservoir, Santa Cruz County, California, 1998
- Reservoir sedimentation survey in Taiwan
- Extreme reservoir siltation in Australia
- Sediment Problems at Three Gorges Dam
- Reservoir sedimentation on the Indus River
- USACE Los Angeles District's Reservoir Regulation Section