Water in Modern American Society
- It helps a lot if you take the time to view the whole SAS004 website to get a better understanding of what the class is about and how it is organized.
- The first class meeting occurs in your discussion section on Monday afternoon. It will be led by your TA. S/he will go through course logistics and pass around the sign-up sheet for the rest of the discussion sections. Be sure to sign up for a slot.
- The first lecture and movie screening night on Wednesday will be used to jump right into a framework for conceptualizing popular culture in the rapid transition from TV to Internet 1.0 (website driven socialization) to Internet 2.0 (social media driven socialization).
- On the first Wednesday night we will screen the movie "Chinatown"
Required reading prior to attending the first movie screening next Wednesday:
- Look over this web site
- Niedzvieki, H. 2000. We Want Some Too. Pages 19-51.
- Niedzvieki, H. 2006. Hello, I'm Special. Pages 3-31.
Week 0 Video Podcast: What Is This Course About?
Watch the video below to see Professor Pasternack's presentation about what SAS004 is about in relation to the video montage on the SAS004 homepage.
If the streaming video player below does not work for you, then you can download the video to your computer and watch it thereafter by clicking on one of the links below. If you can watch it streaming, then you do not have to download a video file at all.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (255 MB file)