Water in Modern American Society
- Prof. Pasternack's presentation about the science and politics of drought in California. This wraps up the topic covered over the previous week.
- Begin the seocnd class topic by screening the movie "The River"
Required reading in course reader: (due for your discussion section during week 3)
- Part 3 "The River" of The Rising Tide (p. 173-209) by J.M. Barry (1998).
Movie Log (Due at Wednesday night class meeting in week 3 at 5:10 pm)
Related Web Links
- Mississippi River floods of 1927 and 1993 - this is an awesome web site. I really encourage you to check it out.
Fargo: flooding on the Red River, ND.
- 1997 California floods.
- 1955 California floods.
- Sacramento area flood control agency.
- Yolo County flood control district.