Lecture 9: Estuarine Sediment Transport
- Mud properties
- Turbidity maximum
- Estuarine trapping
Course reading: Textbook Chapter 14
Additional References: Dyer, K.R. 1986. Coastal and estuarine sediment dynamics: John WIley and Sons, Chichester, 342pp.
Mehta, A.J. 1993. Nearshore and estuarine cohesive sediment transport: American Geophysical Union, Coastal and Estuarine Stdies volume 42, 581pp.
Related web links:Estuarine sediment transport online textbook
San Pablo bay sediment transport
SF Cental Bay sediment transport
Lecture 10: San Francisco Bay
- Presenter #1 - Sharon Ruth
- Presenter #2 - Megan Lionberger
- Presenter #3 - Jose Constantine
Course reading:Textbook Chapter 8
The papers to be presented today are
- Atwater, B.F. 1980. Ancient processes at the site of southern San Francisco Bay: movement of the crust and changes in sea level. Pacific Division, AAAS, p. 31-43.
- Atwater, B.F., Conrad, S.G., Dowden, J.N., Hedel, C.W., Macdonald, R.L., Savage, W. History, landforms, and vegetation of the estuary's tidal marshes. Pacific Division, AAAS, p. 31-43.
- Byrne, R., Ingram, B.L., Starratt, S., Malamud-Roam, F., Collins, J.N., Conrad, M.E. 2001. Carbon-isotope, diatom, and pollen evidence for Late Holocene salinity change in a brackish marsh in the San Francisco estuary.
Related web links: SF Bay sediment transport references