This Week's Movie Screening:
- A Civil Action
- Ross and Marcus. 2018. “Too many Californians lack safe drinking water. Here’s how to supply the have-nots”. Sacramento Bee, 01 June 2018.
- Reese. 2018. “Does your water district fail to comply with drinking water standards?” Sacramento Bee, 01 June 2018.
- Boxall. 2014. “California to set chromium limit for drinking water supplies”. Los Angeles Times, 15 April 2014.
- California Department Of Public Health. 2014. Nitrate Fact Sheet.
Movie Log Canvas Assignment for A Civil Action due at next Wednesday night class meeting at 5:10 pm
- No copying collaboration is allowed on this assignment, so be sure to submit your own answers in your own words.
Video Podcast: Clean Water and Functional Landscapes
The 47-minute presentation related to the movie A Civil Action is provided to you as an online streaming video podcast that you have to watch on your own. Click the play button below to begin watching. It is provided in 640 x 360 format and should be viewable on a computer, iOS device, or Android device. Look for the small play button in the bottom left of the video player window to start the streaming video.
If the streaming video player below does not work for you, then you can download the video to your computer and watch it thereafter by clicking on one of the links below. Given the size of these files and depending on the speed of your internet connection, it could take a long time to download, so one good option is to download them over night if you are using a slower connection. If you can watch it streaming, then you do not have to download a video file at all.
- 640 x 360 format that balances speed and quality. (835 MB file)
- 1080p format that maximizes video quality (4 GB)
Related Web Links:
- What is Groundwater Contamination?
- Woburn-related websites
- Other regions of contamination
- Other related issues