Hydrology of Nontidal Wetlands
- Stats of wetlands in the U.S.
- Simple wetland water balances
- Wetland plant-water interactions
- Framework for contextualizing and interpreting wetland water balance #s
- DRAINMOD- wetland hydrological model
- Nontidal wetland salinity case study
- Chapter 4 (p. 103-113) of Mitsch, W. J. and Gosselink, J. G. Wetlands. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.
For your future reference:
- Teskey, R. O. and Hinckley, T. M. 1977. Impact of water level changes on woody riparian and wetland communities (multiple volumes depending on which part of the country you are interested in). U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. FWS/OBS-77/58.
Video Podcast: Hydrology of Nontidal Wetlands
This 45-minute presentation introduces a framework for characterizing the hydrology of nontidal wetlands and also gives two case study examples continuing on the theme of human impacts on ecohydrology.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (707 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (4.6 GB file)