In this Section: Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Group Activity 1 Group Presentations 1 Chapter 6 Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 9 Group Activity 2 Group Presentations 2 Chapter 10 Chapter 11 Chapter 12 Chapter 13 Chapter 14 Chapter 15 Group Activity 3 Group Presentations 3 Chapter 16 Chapter 17 Chapter 18 Chapter 19 Chapter 20 Chapter 21
- Semiarid and arid climate and ecosystem conditions
- Rangeland plot water balance
- Precipitation processes
- Surface storage
- Runoff generation and fate
- Channel processes
- Chapter 4: Plants and Water in Drylands (p. 78-98 only)
- Useful Reference: Renard, K. G. 1970. The hydrology of semiarid rangeland watersheds. Agricultural Research Service, ARS 41-162., 26pp.
Related web links:
- Walnut Gulch Experimental Watershed
- Santa Rita Range Experimental Watersheds
- Semi-Arid Land Surface Atmosphere (SALSA) program
- Agricultural Research Service
Video Podcast: Rangeland Hydrology, part 1
This 20-minute presentation introduces rangeland climatic conditions as well as defines and illustrates key rangeland hydrological processes.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (310 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (1.8 GB file)
Video Podcast: Rangeland Hydrology, part 2
This 35-minute presentation illustrate how rangeland plants outcompete grasses due to their abilities to horde water and nutrients, illustrate water vapor fluxes over riparian vegetation, and presents watershed-scale rangeland water balance emphasizing quantities of ET.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (574 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (3.4 GB file)