- Watch "A Guide to Field Identification of Bankfull Stage in the Western US"
- General site description
- Cross-section measurements
- Longitudinal profile measurements
- Planform measurements
- Bed material measurements
- Bank conditions
- Bisson, P. A. and Montgomery, D. R. 1996. Chapter 3- Discharge Measurements and Streamflow Analysis. In (Hauer, F.R. and Lamberti, G.A., eds.) Methods in Stream Ecology. Academic Press, San Diego, p. 23-52.
Related web links:
Video Podcast: Stream Assessment
This 51-minute presentation introduces the essential conditions one needs to take note of when characterizing and assessing a stream.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (765 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (4.7 GB file)
Optional Additional Video: A Guide for Field Identification of Bankfull Stage in the Western United States
This 30-minute government video explains what bankfull discharge is and how one identifies it in the field.