No Class on Monday
Videos to illustrate concepts about groundwater and wells from chapters 16 and 17
Outline: 42 minutes of online videos
- Video 1 shows all phases of well design, construction, and use for a residential home.
- Video 2 shows more details about simple well case installation
- Video 3 show direct push installation of a small-diameter well casing that includes prepacked screens
- Video 4 shows an example of well development
- Video 5 shows groundwater sampling at a monitoring well
- Chapter 12: pages 223-237
Related web links:
External Video: All Phases of Well Construction
This 10-minute video shows all phases of construction of a pumping well with a balance of animations and real activity. It shows infomration about pumping that was not presented in the video podcasts.
External Video: Simple Well Casing Installation
This 3-minute video illustrates how a plastic, large-diameter well casing may be installed into a pre-drilled hole and then surrounded with a gravel pack in the screened interval and a cement seal above the gravel pack.
External Video: Direct Push To Install Prepacked Screens & well Casing
This 9-minute video illustrates how direct push, dual-tube coring with a solid point can be used to push sediment out of the way and install a plastic well casing wherein the screened interval includes a built in gravel pack to insure the highest quality and positioning of the pack outside the screen. Then addiitonal gravel pack and a grout seal is added around the well casing.
External Video: Well Development
This 1.5-minute video illustrates how pressurized jets of water can be used to "develop" a well.
External Video: Groundwater Sampling Video
This 18-minute video from the Washington Department of Ecology illustrates several approaches to sampling well water for different purposes.