Processing 2D model outputs
Week 4 Detailed Activities
Bring Your Laptop
In class this week we will be looking at everybody's results from the quickstart tutorial to go through our paces to make sure the models are correct.
Once you have first run correct, then make and run new simulations that involve changing the mesh resultion. I suggest trying these cells sizes
- If you are using SRH-2D, then do 10-m, 3-m, 1-m, and 0.5-m simulations.
- For the 0.5-m simulaiton you'll have to make the timestep significantly smaller.
- If you are using Tuflow, then do 10-m, 5-m, and 2-m simulations
- If you have a Tuflow license, add 0.5-m and 1.0-m simulations.
Read for Week 4 meeting about processing model outputs
- Textbook chapter 5
- Hardy, R.J., Bates, P.D., Anderson, M.G., 1999. The importance of spatial resolution in hydraulic models for floodplain environments. Journal of Hydrology, 216(1-2), 124-136.