Water in World Civilization
- Discussion of Self Psychology, Externalization, and Environment
- Introduction to Tropical Wilderness, Water, and Native Peoples
- Screen the movie "Aguirre, Wrath of God"
Required reading from a journal article: (due for your discussion section)
- Jared Diamond. 1995. "East Island's End". Discover magazine, 16:8:62-70.
Required reading in course reader: (due for your discussion section)
- E. A. K. Kalitsi. 1973. "Volta Lake in Relation to the Human Population and Some Issue in Economics and Management". In (eds. Ackermann, W. C., White, G. F., Worthington, E. B.) Man-Made Lakes: Their Problems and Environmental Effects, American Geophysical Union, Geophysical monograph 17, Washington D.C.
Movie Log for Aguirre, Wrath of God: (due next Wednesday at 5:10 pm)
Related web links
- Human Migration Journey
- Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo related web sites
- Native Peoples