Water in World Civilization
- Discussion of Self Psychology, Externalization, and Environment
- Introduction to Tropical Wilderness, Water, and Native Peoples
- Screen the movie "Aguirre, Wrath of God"
Video Podcast: individual Psychology and the Environment
The 56-minute presentation related to the movie Into The Wild is provided to you as an online streaming video podcast that you have to watch on your own. Click the play button below to begin watching. It is provided in 640 x 480 format and should be viewable on a computer, iOS device, or Android device. Look for the small play button in the bottom left of the video player window to start the streaming video.
If the streaming video player below does not work for you, then you can download the video to your computer and watch it thereafter by clicking on one of the links below. Given the size of these files and depending on the speed of your internet connection, it could take a long time to download, so one good option is to download them over night if you are using a slower connection. If you can watch it streaming, then you do not have to download a video file at all.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (543 MB file)
Required reading from a journal article: (due for your discussion section)
- Jared Diamond. 1995. "East Island's End". Discover magazine, 16:8:62-70.
Required reading in course reader: (due for your discussion section)
- E. A. K. Kalitsi. 1973. "Volta Lake in Relation to the Human Population and Some Issue in Economics and Management". In (eds. Ackermann, W. C., White, G. F., Worthington, E. B.) Man-Made Lakes: Their Problems and Environmental Effects, American Geophysical Union, Geophysical monograph 17, Washington D.C.
Movie Log for Aguirre, Wrath of God: (due next Wednesday at 5:10 pm)
Related web links
- Human Migration Journey
- Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo related web sites
- Native Peoples