This Week's Movie Screening:
- Salmon Fishing In The Yemen
- Zarfl, C., Lumsdon, A.E., Berlekamp, J., Tydecks, L, Tockner, K. 2015. A global boom in hydropower dam construction. Aquatic Sciences 77: 161-170.
- Note that this item cannot be shared publicly, but is available through UCD's online journal access rights. Please obtain this from the SAS004 Canvas Files pages or by downloading it directly from the journal from a UCD-hosted internet connection. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-014-0377-0
Movie Log Canvas Assignment for Salmon Fishing In The Yemen due at next Wednesday night class meeting at 5:10 pm
- No copying collaboration is allowed on this assignment, so be sure to submit your own answers in your own words.
Video Podcast: Human Stewardship of the Earth
The video podcast for the previous week was only 24-minute long, so that means there is extra time available to cover ideas for this week's topic. As a result, instead of having 1 video podcast, I have produced the material into 3 mid-length video podcasts, totaling 77 minutes. See below and click the play button to begin watching each of the three videos in order. They are provided in 640 x 480 (480p) format and should be viewable on a computer, iOS device, or Android device.
If the streaming video player below does not work for you, then you can download the video to your computer and watch it thereafter by clicking on one of the links below. Given the size of these files and depending on the speed of your internet connection, it could take a long time to download, so one good option is to download them over night if you are using a slower connection. If you can watch it streaming, then you do not have to download a video file at all.
- Part 1, biodiversity: 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (353 MB file)
- Part 2, Ecosystem Restoration: 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (496 MB file)
- Part 3, Comparing Yemen, highland Scotland, and California's Sierras: 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (761 MB file)
Related web links
- Biological Conservation
- Science of Salmonids