Lecture 1: Course Introduction
- Overview of what the course will offer
- Explanation of the structure of the course
- Explain field logistics and safety issues
- Discussion of field trip dates
- Thornbury's principles
Course reading: Textbook Preface and Chapter 1
Look over this web site
Related web links: Geomorhology dictionary
- - definitions of terminology you may come across in this class.
Lecture 2: Sediment Supply to Lowlands
- Climate and tectonics
- Watershed processes
- Lowland sediment delivery
Course reading: Chapters 3 and 4 (p. 25-47) of Tuttle, S.D. 1970. Landforms and Landscapes: WM.C. Brown Company Publishers, Dubuque.
- Advanced reading suggestion: Blum, M.D. and Tornqvist, T.E. 2000. Fluvial responses to climate and sea-level change: a review and look forward. Sedimentology 47: 2-48.
Related web links: none