Your Tasks Due Today:
1. Watch the video podcasts shown below before coming to class today.
2. Complete the Video Response Canvas Quiz before coming to class today.
3. Read Gorman, O. T., and J. R. Karr. 1978. Habitat structure and stream fish communities. Ecology 59.3: 507–515. (7.5 pages of reading)
4. Complete Reading Response Canvas Quiz before coming to class today.
Educational content addessed in this chapter:
Assignment we will work on in class today:
- Finish assignment 2.
Related web links:
Video Podcast: Aquatic Habitat
This 44-minute presentation describes methods used to characterize habitat at three spatial scales- catchment, mesohabitat, and microhabitat. The presentation focuses on field-based methods.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (312 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larges size and best quality. (2.4 GB file)
Video Podcast: Aquatic Habitat Modeling (OPTIONAL!)
This optional 20-minute presentation offers the fundamentals of using sensors to measure basic water quality parameters and constituent concentrations as well as how to sample water for later laboratory analysis.