Habitat Conservation Law
Your Tasks Due Today:
1. Watch the video podcasts shown below before coming to class today.
2. Complete the Video Response Canvas Quiz before coming to class today.
3. Read Schwartz, M.W., 2008. The performance of the endangered species act. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics, 39: 279-299. (15 pages of reading).
4. Complete the Reading Response Canvas Quiz before coming to class today.
Educational content addessed in this chapter:
- Introductory concepts and definitions about habitat
- Federal laws regarding habitat conservation
- California state laws regarding habitat conservation
Assignment we will work on in class today:
- Assignment 2
Related web links:
Video Podcast: Aquatic & Riparian Habitat Conservation Laws - Part 1
This 26-minute presentation introduces basic concepts and definitons about habitat and then describes key federal laws that aim to protect aquatic and riparian habitats.
- 640 x 480 (480p) format that balances speed and quality. (180 MB file)
- 1920 x 1280 (HD) format that provides larger size and best quality. (1.16 GB file)
Video Podcast: Aquatic & Riparian Habitat Conservation Laws - Part 2
This 23-minute presentation desbries key California state laws that aim to protect aquatic and riparian habitats.